If you’re thinking about selling your home or condo in the Myrtle Beach area, then you’ll want to read this post! Let’s face it - no one wants to walk into a showing with a realtor and see a messy home because it makes it harder for the potential buyer to see themselves living amongst clutter. That’s why your friendly neighborhood discount real estate brokers at Seller’s Choice are here with some tops for home staging to help you sell your home in Myrtle Beach.
Take Note of These Tips from Our Team Top Discount Real Estate Brokers
When you’re preparing to put your home on the market, you'll want to follow these tips:
- Remove All Clutter: First thing’s first - when you stage your house, you’ll want to declutter. This will not only make your house look cleaner and more inviting, but it will also make your home look more spacious.
- Depersonalize Your Space: Another way to help buyers picture themselves in your home is to depersonalize your living space. You can do this by removing photos of you and your family when realtors come to show your home. You may also consider removing things from your fridge, take down any religious or political items, and be sure to remove items such as toothbrushes, makeup, hairbrushes, etc. from your bathroom counter. Basically, try to remove any personal touches from your home if possible.
- Focus on Certain Rooms: Sure, you’re going to want to do staging in each room of your house, but be sure to focus the most time and attention on the rooms that are most likely to make an impact. Rooms that are often looked over the most by potential homebuyers include the kitchen, master bedroom, and living room. While you’ll want to make sure all of the other rooms look nice as well, be sure to spend the most time staging those three main areas.
- Clean & Repair: Of course, a clean home is most likely to get purchased, so it’s important to spend a lot of time deep cleaning your house before putting it on the market. Those baseboards you don’t usually scrub? You’re going to want to take care of those. That stain on the ceiling you ignore? You’re going to want to clean it or paint over it depending on what it is. You’ll also want to take the time to repair scratches, holes, and other flaws throughout your home. Need to re-caulk your shower? Now’s the time. Also - and this is important - make sure to take care of any bad odors in your home. No one’s going to want to buy a stinky house.
- Let the Light In: A great way to get buyers interested in your home is to let there be as much natural lighting as possible during a showing. Open your blinds and curtains and let that sun shine right in each room. This can help make rooms look bigger and feel fresher.
Ready to put your home on the market? Contact the Seller’s Choice discount real estate brokers today!
When you’re ready to take your next step to sell your home in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, be sure to contact Sellers Choice for your best choice in real estate needs. The agents at Sellers Choice Real Estate will aid you in completing all of the steps mentioned above, as well as help you take any additional steps to help you sell your home quickly and without any added stress.