Are you looking to sell your home in the Myrtle Beach area? While the Grand Strand is a desirable place for people to relocate, sometimes selling a home isn’t the easiest thing in the world. Sellers Choice is a discount realtor team that’s here for you with tips on how to increase the curb appeal of your home to help you sell it as fast as possible at a profit.
Curb Appeal Tips from Your Discount Realtor
There are several ways to increase the curb appeal of your home either yourself or through the help of others. If you’re trying to sell your home, consider the following:
- Landscaping: Whether you’re a pro at trimming your own shrubs, mowing your own lawn, or planting flowers by yourself, or if you need to hire a landscaping company, fixing up your yard is a fantastic way to attract potential buyers. You’ll want to be sure to make your yard look as if it is well taken care of rather than overgrown and unruly.
- Pressure Washing: Let’s face it - the outside of homes tend to get dirty! Mold, algae, and dirty can be unsightly on your roof, siding, fencing, decks, driveways, and sidewalks. Renting a pressure washer or hiring a pressure washing company is an easy and fantastic way to take care of this problem and have your home shiny and squeaky-clean again.
- Add a Coat of New Paint: Has it been a long time since your house has been painted? Or did you pick the wrong color when you moved in and didn’t want to spend the money to fix it? Our discount realtor team says that now’s the time to fix that mistake and attract buyers with a new coat of paint. Consider repainting everything - including siding, fencing, porches, and more. If your siding isn’t up to par, think about replacing that instead of repainting it.
- Make Your Entry Area Welcoming: One of the first things people see of your house is your entryway, so doesn’t it make sense to make it as warm and welcoming as possible? Consider making changes like installing a new, unique door or simply painting it a different color. Add some pretty potted plants near the entrance. Purchase some cool new porch lights that really catch your eye. You may even want to think about redoing the walkway leading up to the front door by replacing old concrete with beautiful pavers or stones.
- Add Landscape Lighting: Not everyone has the schedule to be able to house hunt during the day, so chances are that some homebuyers may drive by to see your home during the evening. Our discount realtor team suggests adding landscape lighting to highlight your beautiful new landscaping as well as the exterior of your home to be able to show off your house to as many potential buyers as possible.
There are plenty of other small ways to increase the curb appeal of your home, but these are just a handful of the biggest changes you can make to positively impact the appearance of your home from the outside.
If you’re ready to list your home, then be sure to contact Sellers Choice Real Estate today!
Want to learn more about our beach houses for sale? Check out our listings page!